The Commonwealth Educational Policy Institute at Virginia Commonwealth University contracts with school divisions and policy agencies to provide a wide range of policy development and administrative services, including policy audits and staff policy training.
Read weekly summaries about education-related bills during each year’s legislative session.
Our annual survey gauges public support for currents issues affecting education.
The 2013-14 Poll provides insight into public opinion on topics ranging from the impact of SOL testing, performance of colleges and universities in the commonwealth and safety in both public K-12 schools and colleges and universities.
- Proposed Henrico school ban policy could lead to parents being 'blacklisted' (September 11, 2014)
- Henrico's Steward School hit with $475,000 lawsuit (September 3, 2014)
- Mother arrested after kids rack up over 50 school absences each (September 3, 2014)
- Junking the bad food, introducing new USDA school nutrition standards (August 26, 2014)
- Starting School Later (August 26, 2014)
- Cheating On SOL Tests (July 25, 2014)
- Some Central Virginia teachers, principals cheating on SOL tests (July 23, 2014)
- Chesterfield school fight raises questions about no tolerance policy (June 26, 2014)
- Chesterfield student suspended for bringing vapor pen to school (June 10, 2014)
- Henrico school leaders looking at changes to student discipline code (June 2, 2014)
Latest Compass Point (our weekly newsletter)