The Commonwealth Educational Policy Institute at Virginia Commonwealth University contracts with school divisions and policy agencies to provide a wide range of policy development and administrative services, including policy audits and staff policy training. For more details or a quote, contact us at (804) 827-3290 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Recommendations in the CEPI report helped staff and the school board make budget reductions with as little school-based impact as possible.”
— Superintendent Pamela R. Moran, Albemarle County Public Schools
- Resource management reviews for school systems – A study team of eight to 15 expert reviewers spend three to five days examining human resources, physical plant systems and fiscal resources. Recommendations for efficiency, expediency and fiscal improvements are provided as deliverables. The fee-based contracts are tailored to the specific school system in both content and financial scope.
- Policy analyses for school systems or elected officials – A team of policy experts can review existing or pending policies and evaluate future impact to better inform planning by local school systems.
- Research – The institute works with higher education, PK-12 organizations, state agencies and nonprofits to conduct research related to educational policy topics.
These resources are provided as a free public service:
- Annual Commonwealth Education Poll
- Weekly updates from the General Assembly session about education-related issues
- Monthly Education Law Newsletter (September–June) edited by senior fellow and noted education law expert Richard S. Vacca, Ed.D.